Please note that the CRDM pathway is now closed for 2014 applications, however other pathways are still open.
Pathway Lead: Mr Shokri Othman
The programme has been deliberately designed to cover a broad spectrum of clinical specialities including oncology, metabolic medicine, cardiovascular medicine, and neuroscience. While all students will be required to follow this broad curriculum, the opportunity to specialise in one area will be provided through the research project. Students will also be exposed to clinical research in nursing specialities including palliative care, communication, healthcare management and infection control.
- To provide students with the theoretical aspects of supporting and managing clinical research.
- To enable students to put the underpinning theory into practice by contributing to clinical research, taking responsibility for a project and producing a project report.
- To give students the opportunity to obtain an understanding of research methodologies by studying in a World-leading clinical research environment.
- To contribute to the College’s commitment to continuing professional development for NHS staff as part of the Academic Health Science Centre partnership.
- Familiarise students with the challenges facing research in healthcare and translating evidence into practice.
Graduates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to pursue careers in clinical research in the NHS, Academia or Industry, or to undertake employment as Clinical Trial Coordinators, Clinical Research Associates or Experimental Medicine Nurses in Research and Development. There is an expectation that a number of students will go on to publish their work and pursue PhD programmes and eventually establish academic careers.
The course is designed to cater for UKand international students with a background in nursing and allied health professions. An upper second class Honors is preferred.
Students with an undergraduate diploma with substantial work experience would also be considered. Such students are likely to be required to complete an entrance exam. The deadline for completion of all paperwork is generally July 1st each year, so please submit your application early.