FoM news & events
- More A&E visits where access to GPs is worse
- Four-fold rise in children treated for obesity-related conditions
- Drug laws "censor science", say researchers
- Walking or cycling to work linked to health benefits in India
- New centre will decipher roles of nature and nurture in human health
Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC)
- Stage one of our designation application for Academic Health Science Centre status was submitted to the Department of Health on 31 May 2013, following an open competition launched in April 2013. We will launch our new AHSC website in June 2013.
- Our AHSC was formed in October 2007 by the merger of the Hammersmith Hospitals and St Mary's NHS Trusts, integrated with Imperial College London. Formal designation was received in March 2009 from the Department of Health.
Academic Health Sciences Partnership (AHSP)
- Following on from Lord Darzi’s review of the Academic Health Science Centre, a wider partnership, Imperial College Health Partners (ICHP), was also formed with NHS providers in North West London.
In May 2013, NHS England designated ICHP as an Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) for North West London.